Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Brand Spankin New!

Hey guys! So awhile back I had been looking for a cain back barrel chair. After about a month of searching I found one for $70.00 at an antique store . I was not at all happy about the price, but it said FIRM. What's a girl to do? Well, this girl sucked it up...and shelled out the $70.00 bucks they were asking for. The chair was in really good condition, but it smelled a little funny. It had a sweet, smokey smell to it. I know, weird right? I took the chair apart gave it a good cleaning, and a shot of primer. Then a couple coats of white spray paint. The fabric used to redo the cushions was a curtain panel that I bought from Lowe's. I think the coast was around $22.00 . The left over fabric I may use to make a few throw pillows (for the couch). All in all, I really love this chair. BUT it was an expensive project. So what do you think? I promise to have a few pictures of my living room tomorrow...I PROMISE!

Before


Progress


After

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! I'm never gutsy enough to redo upholstered furniture. You and Crystal are like reupholstry rockstars.

    Also, I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, I missed you too! I have to be honest. I am not a very good at sewing...I bought a little sewing machine the size of a toaster. NO JOKE! And the first time I used it, my husband almost had to rush me to the E.R. . I almost sewed my arm to the machine. TRUE STORY! That little sewing machine had ZING! So if I have any sewing I usually leave it to my Rockstar MOM! But this time she let a local lady do it for only $20.00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out awesome Geesha! I'm always looking for one of those chairs too except I don't really have anywhere to put it! Mary is so sweet right?! I'm glad you're back too although I've been MIA quite a bit myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to agree with you Mary is a pretty cool chick. I glad to be back too. I love blogging but sometimes its so hard to find the time. So I totally understand the whole MIA thing.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...