Total Pageviews

Friday, September 6, 2013

A hundred years ago...and the blue turned yellow!

Back a hundred years ago I asked for your help. I asked for you to vote on what color I should paint a dresser. This dresser. It was a wreck! I sanded her down and then used it for I don't know, about a zillion other projects. I got white spray paint all over it and had to sand it again.



Next came primer. Then paint. Then I tried to seal it...and then it turned YELLOW. I hate to say this, but I going to. I was PISSED! (sorry mom) But I was! Needless to say, surprise, surprise, this project still isn't done. I ended up with a sinus infection, that lasted for three weeks. My husband said I had inhaled to many fumes.


Here it is all pretty and blue.



These handles I spray painted gold. I just love how they look!

I hope to finish this project this weekend. But who am I kidding...it could be next year! Wish me Luck!

4 comments:

  1. I love how your dresser turned out! That blue is perfect. And those drawer pulls, I bet they are original to the dresser. It looks great!

    I hate those projects that are out to get you though. I still haven't blogged about my turquoise door reveal because when I peeled off the tape around the lock, some of the paint came with it. It may be still missing some of that paint and I'm still pouting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to here about your door. Did you take your tape off while the paint was still wet? I heard it's easier if you do...but I don't know if thats true. I still want to see it when you get it finished. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geesha I love the blue and the gold! Can't wait to see it finished...even if it takes another year! :)

    P.s. I painted my front door a year or so ago and there is still missing paint around the lock - I can't remember if it got scratched or if it was tape. I definitely need to get on that but then I also need to respray the scratched up hardware.

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...