Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Another Video...Is That All?

Push play. Now read! You'll get the picture...



 Well as you all know, I have been in my house for 10 months now. And we have NO curtains. At all, in ANY room! Until now! And to be honest, my husband is so excited, he could do cartwheels!  He hates Saturday mornings...because when you step out from the CAVE, I mean the bedroom. Your blinded by the light!
So me and my mom took a little trip to Hobby Lobby and found these beauties! Green chevron curtains they where only $32.99 a panel...but since they still had a 50% off sale sign that they forgot to take down. They still honored it. So we got 4 panels for $65.98. My husband is going to put them up this weekend. We may not even need 4, but I would rather have to many then not enough. I mean, I can always take them back, or use the fabric for another project...or two!








I also went local to a goodwill store last weekend. There I picked up this vintage looking needlepoint. It was framed and very dirty, but i used a Pinterest cleaner on it and Voila! It came out so fresh and clean!
 
.50 for the needlepoint

 
 
 
 I got this print,and this print too for .50


So that is a big whopping $1.50. I also got 2 frames and a plastic elephant. I then went to Wal-Mart and bought to plastic giraffes. Got those for a Buck a piece!

 
I am doing a project with these little guys as we speak.

I also got this urn/planter for FREE! The lady from the thrift store said it was trash (are you kidding me?) and was going to throw it away. So me and my mom snatched it up, quick, fast and in a hurry! I made the topiary tree for $30.00. It definitely beats the one I skipped on for $99.00 (it was on sale too). Here is another Topiary. Then I went to the Dollar Store and bought a $5.00 mat.


I also saw this thing on Pinterest and just had to try it. Here is mine. It's JUST an orange that has olive oil in it, and that's all. No wick! No nothing! Pretty cool! Lasts about 45 mins.


 
So I guess that's it. Oh wait, one more thing...

 
This picture is a little weird. I do have a thumb, I promise!
Yeah, I burned the fire out of my arm. And you will never guess what on. A HAIRDRYER!
NO JOKE!
So what have you guys been up to?

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, so that orange thingy works! I was wondering about that when I saw it on Pinterest.
    Love those curtains and the needlepoint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey julia, yeah I was really amazed by the orange. I was disappointed though, in the smell. I thought that it would make my house smell good but it didn't. And if you try this...don't give up. It takes forever before it lights. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arg! That burn is terrible. Hair dryers are so mean :P

    Looks like you had an amazing shopping trip over the weekend. I'm kind of jealous. I think I'm cut off on shopping for a while since we put in the new floors. Sigh... The table is almost done at least :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that your table is coming along! I can't wait to see it. I had a great shopping weekend...and got a lot of great deals! Yeah, the o'burn was 3 days old in that picture. NICE!

      Delete
  4. Holy cow you've been busy!!! The orange thing is cool...seen it but never tried it yet! I love the wavy lines in the chevron print - it is going to be so cute and awesome to have some privacy/darkness when you want it! I love your urn that you added!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal...me busy? I guess I take after the master(you)! It sounds like you have been makin 90!! I saw the needlepoint in the store and I thought of you. Honest to goodness. Then when I got home. I noticed it was a lot like the flowers I had on the coffe table...CREEPY!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Geesha! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I'm happy to connect with another treasure seeker! ;-) I'm totally blown away by how bright and clean your cross-stitch came out - love Pinterest for all those awesome tips. And what a great score on your Chevron panels - I can't wait to see them in action. They're going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shelia! So ecxited to have you aboard this crazy blog. I can't wait to get them up this weekend, and hopefully have pics up by Monday! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...