Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

I am such a pansy!

When I came home on Thursday I felt  fine. Then around 8:00 that night I started hurting. Well I hurt ALL day Friday...a few times the cramps even brought tears to my eyes...nothing major, but I WAS GETTING NERVOUS! And it's my first child, I'm clueless! I hadn't felt the baby move all day, and the pain was not real bad, just uncomfortable! ( for example- if a needle would prick you once, no big deal! If a needle pricks you all day long ...need I say more?) When I would walk or bend down it would get worse. So on my lunch I called April, my sister-in -law and asked her what she thought...she called a nurse and she said we should come in just to check. I did not want to leave work. I think my poor manager didn't even eat lunch and we had a girl leave early already. Another girl was on vacation, so it was going to leave them really short handed! So I told my S-I-L not to worry. If I felt like I needed to go, I would call her back...well around 3:00 I called her back, told her to find my hubby and come get me...Fear of the unknown was getting the best me of me (I told her I'm sure, every thing is just fine but I wanted to be sure!). So needless to say my hubby got to me 1st, he was probably making 90 down the 4-lane! And on to the hospital we went...


A nurse came in asked me a million and one questions and checked  me out .  She took my blood pressure and put monitors on my belly.The Doctor then came in and told me I was fine, that  my ligaments were just stretching and that it was completely normal! So needless to say...I was glad it was nothing and that every thing was normal, but know I just feel like a PANSY! Oh well ...I have a feeling if I go into labor naturally...then I am going to wait till I am on my hands and knees, crawling...before I even think about going to the hospital! 

By the way if my mom reads this I'm sorry I didn't call you...no need to worry...nothing was wrong! LOVE YOU MOM!

7 comments:

  1. Geesha~ I would have been worried to,better not chance anything with the sweet baby.Glad it was nothing.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to have it checked out. :) I think I called my mom (a nurse) a million times during my pregnancy. Mostly I was just wondering when I would stop being so hungry all the time. lol. Glad everything is okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not silly at all...even after having one child, things can be different with another...my hubby said he had to push me out the door to have our second son...I just wasn't sure because it 'didn't feel the same' (we just made it to the hospital-hehe) Things are so new and unknown when you are having your first child, so we're glad you got things checked out and everything is fine. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better to be safe than sorry. I'm glad you are okay, as well as the little one.
    betty, Through My Back Door

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Geesha!
    I found your blog through Amy's blog. I am glad you are alright, I recall those stretching ligaments, they CAN be painful! It is hard to know when you haven't experienced it before. Congratulations to you both, this is an exciting milestone that will last a lifetime! I have enjoyed reading your posts, and I am a fellow junker as well! LOL! Champaign taste on a beer budget~ just like to use that, even though I don't like the taste of either one! LOL!
    Stop over and visit me if you get a chance sometime! I am new to blogging, I have lots to learn, but I am having a great time meeting all these wonderful ladies!
    Have a great evening,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Geesha
    Glad to hear your ok!
    I to would of done exactly what you did>>no pansy>>just makin sure!
    Take care Sweetie
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Geesha!
    You are not a pansy! You are a winner! lol
    you won my 200 followers giveaway and I saw that you commented and sent me an email with your address.....but I never got the email. Please send it again you said you were having troubles sending it!

    Congrats and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...