Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Batteries...New Blood Pressure Pills...NO MORE TEARS!!


So yesterday was a a bomb....we won't go in to it! I"ll just tell you we won't know the sex of the baby until the end of December. "Why?", you ask because...my Dr. said so, that's why. (And I guess that is suppose to be good enough).  Oh well, I guess he knows best. He also gave me some new BP pills, THANK GOD!! I was going nuts...also my BP was still high, this time the highest it has ever been 164/106.  For all you lucky people out there who have never had to deal with high BP problems and don't know what is normal...1st congrats, I hope you never have BP problems. ( I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy) 2nd the normal BP is 120/80, and honestly I think that's considered high normal these days. So needless to say I was an emotional wreck. CRYING all over the place!! BLESS my husband! I know he will receive a crown in heaven, for just putting up with me!  He really has been great through all this!! So moving right along....I am glad to report that I got new batteries for my camera, in order to show off my new creation! My primitive snowman hat is finished....WHAT DO YOU THINK!!! I LOVE IT!!!

The way I made my hat was by taking a empty Planters peanut can and cleaning it out. I then took some Modge Podge and used a sponge paint brush and coated it well....I took some black material and wrapped it around the can and pressed for a few seconds working the wrinkles out so the fabric would lay smooth.

The one I made!





I then reached for a dinner plate and a piece of cardboard that I had found and traced the plate to make a template.  I then took some scissors, cut it out and applied the Modge Podge and fabric to it again smoothing out the wrinkles I hot glued the back of the fabric to the other side just to be safe.  Then I hot glued both pieces together. After that I tied some fabric around for a bow and hot glued it to...then got some styrofoam pieces and stuffed the top with it. I bought a candle and some greenery and went to town decorating how I wanted...and TAH...DAH! A Primitive Snowman Hat!
 

Example one I found
 


Front view

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie~ Sorry to hear about having to wait for the sex,I know you were excited.BP is scary hope the new pills work.Mines a little high but I don't want to take pills everyday so I've been trying to get it in check myself.Love the hat you did a great job.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesha>>sorry about the BP being High, not knowing the sex yet, and the crying! Take care of you & little one!

    Reflect on this your creation is just so creative/prim/ cute! I would never even attempt something like that! It turned out adorable!

    Girl good luck & prayers for you and the little one( probably better add the Hubby also, he will get his crown!)

    keep us updated!
    Hugs to you girl!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowman hat is so cute! Good job!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your lovely prim hat. I like your hat band better. Prayers lifted up for you & the little one. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you're dealing with the blood pressure!! I hope the medication works and it comes under control!

    Your hat is so adorable!!! I love it!

    Hoping all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love how your snowman hat turned out! I've seen variations of these all over blogland, but hadn't thought to try to make one out of a peanut can! Very clever, may have to "steal" your idea if you don't mind! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...