Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 13, 2014

A kids toy, turn bookends

Hey everyone!  I know it has been entirley to long since my last post. Here recently I have been reading lots of blogs and I have really missed all this creative energy! In looking back at some of my old posts, I came across this picture.       
                                   When I bought theses little guys I new what I wanted to do w/ them. I wanted to paint them white and turn them into book ends. I will never forget the day when my friend came over with her three kiddos,  her littlest one was just learning to walk. I had one of the giraffes on the coffee table. I guess the temptation just got the best of the little guy. The next thing I know, the giraffe was flying through the air and landed on the floor!  My friend immediately begin apologizing. I just started laughing!  I knew what she was thinking. She was wondering why hadn't the giraffe broke?  I then told her that I bought the giraffe for a dollar.  It was in the toy section at Walmart.  The white spray paint however made it look high end.  I later asked my bosses husband if he would make me to bookends from some left over pieces of wood. Now my giraffes have a permanent place to live.                                                     
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...