Total Pageviews

Monday, February 11, 2013

I made it from a NAPKIN!

Hey guys! I got quite a few projects going this weekend...and some finished! I wanted to share with you my coaster project. I went to Lowe's awhile back and bought a handful of tiles(about .$.38 ea.)  . I knew that I wanted to turn them into coasters, but was unsure on what to put on them. Then I came across a  tutorial on how this lady put a napkin print on a plate....Genius! So I thought "why not put a napkin on a tile?". On Saturday, I went out to a little store called, Tuesday Mornings. It's a new store here in my area, so I decided to check it out! And boy was I glad I did...

It was like a HomeGoods store, and  was I ever so excited! There I found some napkins. The napkins  had the letter B on them, perfect! I snatched them up for only $2.99.  I thought it was a good deal.
Then I headed to Hobby Lobby, to pick up some Mod Podge. $4.99 a bottle. (can be found at Wal-Mart, too)

Here is what I did:


 
First, cut the image from the napkin that you want to use...you will only need the top layer of your napkin.
 
Next, take you Mod Podge and a sponge/paint brush. Apply to the tile a generous layer, making sure you get into all of cracks. Also take the glue all the way to the tile's edges. Then smooth.






Apply you image to your tile. Then use another clean, dry sponge/paint brush and smooth out all the lines. Working from the center, out.

After the glue fully dries (it will dry clear)... apply a second coat of Mod Podge directly over your image. Be sure to apply again all the way to the edges. Do this step very carefully, you don't want to tear your image.



dab into cracks

 
When the glue is dried you are finished.
 
 
I would let them set for 24 hours, before setting a beverage on them. Just to be on the safe side!
These also would make a wonderful wedding, or home welcoming gift! You can even wrap them in the napkin you bought!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...