Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

WARNING!!!! THIS POST MAYBE CONTAGIOUS!

Giving                                                                                                                                     Hey everybody! I wanted to let you all know what I have been up to today. Today I am doing little random acts of kindness....and honesty I am really excited about it. This morning before I made my way into work I decided to go by my favorite drive-thru and order my usual a big sweet tea with lemon and a sausage biscuit....however I thought to myself why not pay for the person's breakfast behind me as well....give them a little encouragement for the day! So I  did....boy o' boy would I have loved to seen the look on that persons face when they started to hand the cashier their money only to hear the words "It's free today!" I mean really how awesome would that be? Then I got to work and decided to keep the mojo going  so what did I do.... I called in an order of flowers to be delivered to my mom at work with a note attached that read "Hope you have a great day...I love you!  Wow....to get  flowers for no reason!!! Then before I knew it, it was time for lunch and while I was out I picked up a whole box of cupcakes for my co-workers. Who doesn't love cupcakes!!! I just wanted them to know that I appreciate them! I also decided to take a trip to a local gas station here in town,(a place where you have to pay the cashier...no paying at the pump) I told the cashier that the next person who came in needing $10.00 in gas to go ahead and fill it up it was already paid for.


The best thing about today was that every time I gave....I felt like I was the one receiving!


Mother Theresa
"We cannot do great things on this Earth, only small things with great love"
- Mother Theresa


Helping others is not only good for them and a good thing to do, it also makes us happier and healthier too. Giving also connects us to others, creating stronger communities and helping to build a happier society for everyone. And it's not all about money - we can also give our time, ideas and energy. So if you want to feel good, do good! 


Scientific studies show that helping others boosts happiness. [1] It increases life satisfaction, provides a sense of meaning, increases feelings of competence, improves our mood and reduced stress. It can help to take our minds off our own troubles too. [2] http://www.actionforhappiness.org/10-keys-to-happier-living/do-things-for-others/details     

 

Winston Churchill
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
- Winston Churchill


Well the day isn't over and I hope to continue with my little random acts of kindness. I also hope that this post has inspired you!

For more ways to show random acts of kindness 29 ways to be exact visit the link below


http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/29-ways-to-carry-out-random-acts-of-kindness-every-day.html 


So go ahead pay it foreword....because Jesus paid it all!

6 comments:

  1. That was beautiful!!! I am feeling better. I miss my girl but I know she's where she's suppose to be. You really made a few people smile today and me as well! Thank you! I've been missing your posts and thinking about you. Hope you had a nice Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done that before, pay for someon'e order that was behind me at a drive thru and the cashier said WOW, are you sure and the look on her face was priceless?

    You did a wonderful great things for people today. Doesn't it feel good to give!
    I lvoe it.
    Blessings to you and the people you touched today!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geesha,
    Came over from Walking on Sunshine, cause I happened to see your invitation to her to come read it. It was wonderfully motivating and oh, so true, and sometimes the last thing we want to do, and usually I have to say I usually don't think of doing, altho, during good days I do!
    I love to send special ecards and messages to
    people to make them feel great.........
    Blessings and nice to meet you,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Geesha~

    We must be on the same wavelength today. I spent the day baking cookies for coworkers. We have inventory tonight & will be a long night. I thought a little chocolate would help them make it through the night. My doing good is on a smaller scale, but it feels good nonetheless.

    Have a wonderful evening~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post. This happened to me once and later I returned the favor. It does make you feel good. Good to visit you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...