Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest! Trash to treasure makeover!

Hey my fellow kindred! I have been so busy here lately...I wish there were more hours in a day! Whew...I love reading and commenting on every ones blogs, but  for some reason I just seem to be moving back wards instead of for wards! So believe me when I get a chance I'll have to play catch up! I  did however go thrifting (oh wait...Jackie one of the bank gals calls it, The G W Boutique)  on my lunch break today, and hit the jackpot! I found so many cute prim pieces...ok not all prim, but with a little imagination, they would be primtastic!

Here is a shelf that I bought....

It was blue...and it was ok looking, but not great.  It had some kind of stain on it. Plus...

It had A B C on one side and 1 2 3 on the other...Bye, Bye #'s and letters!

Hello basecoat...I used black

then I used red for my top coat. 1st coat

2nd coat...I almost ran out!!!

then comes a little distressing

Did someone call for stain...A clear coat after it dries

After...What do you think? Also for a up-close look click on pic to see larger image!
I have more items but I will show them later! Till then Blessings

10 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!Great job.looks like it must of been in a childs room.Good eye!Have a great night.blessings michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I just always think it's cool what a bit of paint can do!
    Where are you putting it? Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geesha, what a transformation!! I love it!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Geesha, I just read your post on my blog about white. I always liked to use a color underneath the buttermilk. Be it black, red, green, blue....whatever. Then use crackle medium and the buttermilk on top. I always used a water based varnish before putting the stain on or else it "grabbed" too much of the stain and just looked dirty.
    Have you heard of the Caromal Colours paints? Here is a link
    http://www.caromalcolours.com/
    I found them a few months ago and love them. They are pricey but the paint goes a long way. It gives it a real built up look, very prim, like several coats of old paint.

    As for my name, there is a story. I was the last of seven children and no name picked out at delivery. The doctor was reading the novel "Lorna Doone", and he suggested my mother name me that. Which she used the Lorna but not the Doone. However, as a good there was a Lorna Doone cookie made by Nabisco. Therefore I was called Lorna Doone, just Doone, and sometimes Cookie. All in affectionate terms fortunately.8-) A few years ago I found an original edition of the book, about 4x6 inches, very worn and very prim. Of course I bought it.

    Email me if you need more info on the paint or want to chat about it.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't type. That should have been "as a girl", not as a "good". ???? Guess I was thinking about "good" Lorna Doone cookies.8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your treasure looks wonderful now that you got rid of the blue and letters. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the makeover! Awesome! Love it even more because I have the same shelf! Look at my valentines tree to the right!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geesha & Little girl!
    It looks great>>love it>>yep>>I might send some junk your way to paint!LOL
    Seriously love the colors, turned out prim perfect!
    enjoy the day
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. turned out perfect! the GW boutique did you right....Can't wait to see where you put it!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...