Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Along weekend ahead and a bench re-do!

Before



  



After












Hello peeps...Awh, how nice to have a much needed 3 day weekend! Just in time to do some projects too...speaking of projects, I finished this one up today! I really liked this little bench to begin with (I love Noah's ark theme!) but, it just didn't match my prim decor...plus it was looking a little worn out. I'm not complaining...it took some time to distress "THE NEW LOOK", lol! I also only own one stencil...it has fruit and this little number on it. So I tried my hand at it. (I think I like stenciling) and with that said I want to give a very big thank you to Michelle and Lorna for suggesting the Folk Art From The Harbor . (They really do have some nice stencils and are priced just right...yes! A win, win!)  http://www.folkartfromtheharbor.com/catalog.php?page=4&category=69. I can't wait to get my new stencils!!   I wish you could really see this re-do piece. The camera/lighting, really doesn't do it justice..boo! I have done a few re-dos in my day...but I have to say so far this has been one of my favorite "before and afters" Oh well maybe if you click on the picture to make it bigger you will be able to see better. I think it turned out very prim! I hope you like it....
Steps in between






13 comments:

  1. You're really doing great with the makeovers.The bench turned out perfect.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesha, I love how this bench turned out. You did a great job!

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geesha!
    Your makeover turned out great! Love the stencil on the side. I won't ask you where you will put it! LOL!
    Have a good night!
    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Geesha!! I love the bench. So happy to help you out with the stencils. I have several and next on my list is some gameboard stencils. I'm anxious to do some of those. Hope you get lots done this week-end!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee you are too funny...I am already trying to find a spot it! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!!!!!!what a perfect job you did.Im so jealous now.lol.Becc at folk art has a giveaway each month as well.doesnt she have some cute stuff and tons to choose from.have a great week and I cant wait to see what you do with the other redos.blessings michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Love your blog, just found it the other day. Spent way too much time reading back through your old posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It turned out beautifully. I love it! I am a big fan of make-overs!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having a giveaway over at my blog. Perhaps, you could find something that interests you.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one neat bench! Looks good
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job!!! I too use Becca's stencils. She's the best.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I love to get comments, they really makes me smile. ☺ So what are you waiting for...